Home » Position paper reflection

Position paper reflection

Reayanul Haque

Professor Alyssa Yankwit

Writing For Social Science

Position Paper Reflection 

17th May 2020. 

Effect of Sports on Physical & Mental Health

Sports are very beneficial for everyone’s health. It has so many pros that can lead someone to live a healthy life. However, at the same time it has so many cons that can cause negative effects on an athlete’s life. Sports injury can change an athlete’s or anyone’s life who plays any kind of sports. Sports do not only have a negative effect on physical health but also mental health. Anxiety, depression, lack of sleep and communication are some of the mental illnesses an athlete could face. For those injuries a lot of athletes’ careers can also end. For this assignment, I had to do a lot of research to get sources so that it matches with my argument I claim. I also get to know how to use the APA format and how to cite them properly. The purpose of this assignment is to tell the audience to be careful before they choose to play any sports and always be aware of any injuries. The potential audience of the essay is the athletes or the people who play different types of sports. The exigence of the essay is that I have a personal relationship with sports so that is why I wrote about this subject for my assignment. For my draft my work got plagiarized which my professor told me to fix. With the help of my professor and tutor I fixed the work that got plagiarized. From this I learned that I need to paraphrase the author’s writing into my word instead of using the direct quotation to avoid plagiarism and cite them properly. I had an experience about plagiarism which will help me in the future, and I will be more cautious about it. But after my professor reviewed my paper, I got to know my mistakes that I tried to fix in my final draft